Yesterday I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Anne from One for the Blog. Thanks Anne, you’re too sweet!
This is pretty crazy! I feel like I have officially entered the blogosphere now and it’s awesome ♥ Small bloggers unite!
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post
- Nominate 10 new bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Answer the 10 questions the person who nominated you asked you
- Create 10 new questions to ask the bloggers you nominate
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated by leaving them a comment on their blog
Alright, here we go!
Anne asked me:
Why are you blogging?
- Someday I’d like to become a writer and a big part of doing that these days is building your writing platform. I decided one way I’d like to do this is by starting a blog. I love being able to write about things I’m interested in and a blog is a great chance to do just that. I can write what I want, when I want, and I’m absolutely loving it!
What do you think is more important, writing what you want or writing what you think your readers want?
- Writing what I want, for sure. I mean, hopefully those things will overlap at some point, but the real fun of writing, I think, is being able to write what you want. When it comes down to it, you gotta live your life the way you yourself figure out how to live it.
Do you like dancing? What kind?
- I do! I took ballet and contemporary all throughout high school and I loved it so much. I stopped when I went to university but I definitely want to try picking it up again now that I have more time, just as a casual fun-time activity. Ballet slippers for the win! I’m actually just about to get my ballerina back on pretty soon – check in on Thursday for a post about that!
Have you heard of Ultimate Frisbee?
- Indeed I have. I dabbled with it a bit in high school gym class, and we even had a team, but I wasn’t on it (I was a draahh-rama kid through and through!). I remember it was fun though, even though I’m pretty sure I was attacked by the frisbee on more than one occasion.
Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?
- HARRY POTTER!!!! Don’t get me wrong, Lord of the Rings was cool and all (yay Aragorn, yay Pippin) but Harry Potter, much like Disney, was my childhood. I’m still waiting for my Hogwarts letter to arrive. My owl must be very lost.
Favourite character that is/has been on television?
- Mmm that’s a tricky one. There are so many. I watch way too much TV. Oh man, I have been thinking about this for so long, mm, mmm, mmmm, okay okay, I’m going to say Fry from Futurama. First of all, that is a hilarious show, and all the characters on it are great. Fry is extra special. Because Fry.
Red or green?
- Hmmmmmmmmmmmm green. But red lipstick.
What are you most proud of?
- Probably of the fact that I managed to actually finish writing a complete novel. And will soon be sending it out to publishers. Fingers crossed someone out there likes it enough to publish it! Then that will become my proudest moment!
What would you like to do on a first date?
- Go to Disneyland. Which is of course a ridiculous first date, but hey, if a guy was like, come to Disneyland with me, what, am I gonna say no?! *Hint hint to the boyfriend – take me to Disneyland 😉
Do you need money to be happy?
- I’m not going to lie, money can certainly make some things in life easier. But an easy life doesn’t necessarily mean a happy life. I don’t have a lot of money right now, and I’m pretty happy with how things are going for me =)
Q & As are fun, we should do them more often.
Anyways, here are the lovely people I am nominating:
- The year of goddamn getting things done
- SugarB Cupcakes & More
- Colder by the Lake
- Time for T
- P E H G E
- Mainley Steph
- Between the Sea and the Sky
- Rubyrayne’s Blog
And here are your equally as lovely questions to answer:
- What made you start this blog?
- What is your dream job?
- Are you a cat person or a dog person?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- What’s your favourite movie?
- If you had to pick up and move right now, where would you go?
- Which historical figure do you wish you could meet?
- What flavour of ice cream describes you best?
- Would you rather travel back in time or to the future (and where in time would you go?)
- If you could swap places with any celebrity, who would it be and why?
This has been great fun! Can’t wait to see what everyone has to say!
Love and kisses – Zaphod (anyone who gets that reference has just become my best friend)