This is the most delicious, moist, lemon loaf I have ever had, and to make it even better, it’s probably the easiest baking treat to make! Try it for yourselves and see!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 whole lemons
*Note, if you wish to make two loaves, you will have to do so separately, as doubling this recipe does not work
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Put eggs, flour, sugar, butter, and baking powder into bowl
- Zest your 2 lemons (to zest, all you need to do is grate the peel of the lemon, washed of course, over the rest of the ingredients until there is no more yellow showing – see picture below)
- Mix up your ingredients now, by hand or with an electric mixer, until light and fluffy (no lumps)
- Pour mixture into pan, pictured below
- Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes (my oven takes 45 minutes, but this will depend on how hot your oven gets – to check that it’s done, make sure it doesn’t jiggle when you move it, and an inserted toothpick should come out clean)
- While your loaf is baking, mix together icing sugar with the juice of your two lemons that you zested earlier (icing sugar should get mostly dissolved)
- When loaf is ready and still hot in the pan, poke holes into it with a skewer or toothpick and pour icing sugar/lemon juice mixture over it
- Let cool and enjoy!
Original recipe was found here.
This is such a simple recipe to make – it really is as easy as throwing all the ingredients together and mixing them up – and it’s result is so so SO good, I’m thrilled I happened across it.
Let me know if you try it out and what you think!