I was bored so I decided to spice up the vanilla cupcake recipe I use for most of my cupcakes and add peanut butter and chocolate to them (and of course cream cheese icing). It resulted in supreme deliciousness, giving both sweet and salty and everything in between. Try them out for yourself!
Here’s what you need:
For cupcakes –
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Peanut butter (to core the cupcakes with)
Makes 18 cupcakes.
For icing –
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 125 grams cream cheese (1/2 package), softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups (to decorate)
Makes enough icing for about 12 cupcakes, so you may want to double the icing measurements.
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 375°F; line muffin cups with papers
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy; beat in eggs one at a time
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt
- Alternatively add the flour mixture and the milk into the butter mixture, beating well after each addition
- Stir in vanilla
- Pour batter into muffin cups and bake for 18 minutes
- Let cool
- Core you cupcakes (here’s the best part – you can eat the centers as you go! Treat yo’self)
- Fill the center of each cupcake with the peanut butter
- Now onto the icing! Cream together all your ingredients (minus the peanut butter cups)
- Ice your cupcakes and then decorate them as you want with the Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Chow down my friends!