This is probably the best peanut butter product I have ever eaten – rich, creamy, peanut butter goodness, in pie form! Plus, it’s so quick and easy. You’ll get to enjoy it in no time.
I kicked off my first picnic of the season by making this delicious pie, and it was a huge hit.
Here’s what you need:
- 25 Oreos
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups icing sugar
- 1 8-ounce package whipped topping, such as Cool Whip, thawed (I actually used a can of Cool Whip, equating to about 225 g, so don’t feel like you need to used the packaged stuff if you can’t find it; canned works too)
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Crush cookies until they’re fine crumbs (using a food processor or Cuisinart)
- Pour the melted butter of the top and stir to combine
- Press in a pie pan and bake until set, about 5-7 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
- Beat the peanut butter with the cream cheese until smooth
- Add the icing sugar and beat until smooth
- Add in the thawed whipped topping and beat until smooth, scraping the sides as needed
- Pour the filling into the crust, evening out the top with a knife or spatula
- Chill for at least an hour before serving (I kept mine in the fridge overnight)
This pie is delicious, but it’s very rich, so small slices are best – your tummy will thank you.
Next time, I’m going to try making this with chocolate cream cheese 🙂